Ahhh, sun! The height of summer is upon us, and the days of relaxing (mostly) are also here. Sometimes, with the kids all home, and the extra time to relax, it’s hard to remember what there is to do…and that’s when the boredom strikes. And if you’re stuck in your home with no A/C, it can be even harder to find things to do. That’s a problem. Luckily, we’ve got a solution for both!
Step 1: Fix that broken HVAC unit. Just call Nelson’s and we’ll get it repaired and running in no time!
Step 2: Use our family summer bucket list to plan activities and trips to keep the kids (and yourself) busy all through the months of sun!
THINGS TO DO:
- $1 Admission This Summer at The Mariners’ Museum and Park!
- Free Kids movies at Paragon Theatre Newport News: Every Tues, Wed, Thurs
- “Is My Sandwich a Dinosaur?” learning experience at the Virginia Living Museum; Shows daily at 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., noon, 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. Included in museum admission.
- Fridays @ the Fountain concert series on Fridays, June 2 – August 26, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m; Free Admission for live music, food trucks, and more!
- “Pocahontas Imagined” Special Exhibition; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily (until 6 p.m. June 15-August 15) at Jamestown Settlement; admission is free to residents
- A trip to VA Beach
- A trip to Busch Gardens
- A trip to Water Country
- Lunch at the Williamsburg Cheese Shop on DoG street (maybe some coffee at Aroma’s for yourself, too)
- Take a nap! 🙂
Summer means the kids are home, and maybe there are more people watch around the house, but it also means the family is all together! In such a close and active community, there are so many things happening, that you may find it will be difficult to pick just one-so don’t! If you have a favorite summer memory or favorite new summer memory, share it with us on Facebook!