As hot as it has been outside lately, you probably have tried to stay indoors as much as possible! Are the kids getting a little bored being indoors? In today’s blog post, we want to share some fun indoor activities for kids so you can keep the kiddos entertained while staying inside with the air conditioning. Feel free to comment on here with some ideas of your own!
- Pillow and blanket forts. This is a great classic! Gather the pillows and blankets from around the house and find a good spot in the house to create a fort! You can drape blankets over furniture and put chairs together! Kids love this.
- Make cards. Kids enjoy doing crafts! Why not turn it into something fun that incorporates the rest of the family?? Get out some paper and markers and let the kids design their own cards to send to grandparents and family members. Kids will be entertained, and family will love it!
- Bathtub fun. You can make the bathtub more fun! Nothing is “cooler” than playing in some cold water! Encourage kids to bring some toys with them that might need some cleaning. Have a puppet show. Make new hairdos (with lathered shampoo). Teach your kids how to recognize what things will float.
- Make popsicles. Making popsicles can be a fun way to stay cool! You can find many recipes online, especially on Pinterest. This can be a healthy option to stay cool, and the kids will love the snack!
- Story time. Start a story and then have everyone contribute to it. For example, you can start a story, and then ask one child to add to the story. Then encourage the next child to add to the story from there. See how long you can keep the story alive!
- Hide and seek. This is a classic game, but still fun! It doesn’t require too much running around the house (as in a game like tag), and it also takes some time to play so it can keep the kids busy for a while.
- Have a picnic. Get out a blanket and make lunch! You can do something simple like sandwiches. Pick an area where a few spills might not be a problem, and have fun!
- Indoor bowling. Find objects that you can set up as pins and balls that you can roll to knock them over! Some examples include paper towel or toilet paper rolls.
- Rearrange the bedroom! Some kids love to make their room look a little different from time to time. This can easily be an all day project to entertain the kids, and can even encourage them to clean their bedroom.
Have you tried these activities with your kids? What are you doing to stay cool this summer? We’d love to hear what you think!