With the recent winter storms that hit the Hampton Roads area, it is hard to imagine that spring, and its much warmer temperatures, are right around the corner. Spring is the ideal time to have your heating and cooling system checked, before the warmer temperatures arrive. By preparing ahead of time, you can save a considerable amount of money over the cooling season with increased efficiency. Our five tips are an effective tool to enhance your comfort and keep costs down during the season.
- Check air filters
- Air filters should be changed every month or two. Dirty filters require HVAC units to work harder and use more power.
- Schedule a tune up
- Scheduling a tune up will ensure that your system is working properly and at its highest efficiency. Having your system checked every season will help prevent breakdown and last longer.
- Seal air ducts
- Properly sealed air ducts will make your home more efficient, safer and comfortable. If you have questions about whether or not your ducts are sealed properly, let our technicians know during the tune up.
- Programmable thermostat
- Is your current thermostat programmable? During the warm season, it will allow the temperature to rise in your home and start to cool when you arrive from work.
- HVAC systems have a lifespan of 15-20 years and are not as efficient as systems today. If your system is older than 15 years, have one of our technicians check to determine whether a new system is needed or not.
Has your system been working overtime during the winter? If so, getting a tune up before spring is essential in order to prevent any HVAC issues during spring or summer. To schedule a tune up, contact our office and we will send a technician to your home. Do you have any tips that we did not discuss? Comment below, we would love to hear what you do!